lördag 28 januari 2012

Party Like It's 1939

I've started dieting.

There are brand new eight kilos evenly spread over me. My own clothes don't fit me no more, like the song says, and that's obviously not a good thing. Ergo, I must lose weight. But I refuse to launch on some sort of odd diet where you completely exclude carbs or fat or... Something.

I firmly believe that if you eat well-balanced, well-cooked food in reasonable amounts and exercise, you'll lose weight. You know, less energy in than out. I've even heard it said that Swedes were never healthier than during the war, when they ate less meat, more vegetables and walked or rode a bicycle everywhere.

So, based on those assumptions, I've launched Operation Party Like It's 1939. I am going to eat old-fashioned, home cooked food with plenty of local vegetables. I'm also going to walk plenty and until the snow goes away, I'll ride an exercise bike at the gym. I'm going to use Weight Watchers to keep track of what I eat and I solemnly swear to report my successes and failures here.

Stay tuned.

ETA: first week, I lost 1.4 kilos, which is around 3 lbs. Not bad!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...