söndag 29 januari 2012

Coffee Rope Time!





When my grandparents got married in 1947, some well-meaning relative gave them a coffee set. Apparently, it wasn't a huge hit because they barely used it.

A while back my sister found it packed up in her attic and insisted that I should have it, because she already has a coffee set - one that she got from our step mother, which she in turn had inherited from her mother who got it when she got married in 1945 but didn't like it so she never even unpacked it.



Tip: don't give people coffee sets for a wedding gift. Apparently it never turns out well.



Pretty, eh? Mint condition, too.





So now I'm the proud owner of a dozen coffe cups and matching plates, coffee jar, mik jar and sugar bowl.

All set for what we traditionally call a 'coffee rope'. I guess it could be translated as 'coffee party'?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...