lördag 4 februari 2012

And then she discovered internet shopping...

Lately, I've become addicted to Tradera. As far as I understand, that's the trademark eBay operates under in Sweden – it's owned by eBay anyway, and works the exact same way.

It's not really that I buy all that much, and what I buy is rarely very expensive; it's more the endless possibilities that have opened up to me. I can spend hours trying to find the perfect brooch or debating whether or not to to get those mint condition, alligator '60s pumps or not.

Here are some of my finds lately:

A vintage faux-pearl necklace. I'm addicted to pearls and I've been wanting one of these double row necklaces where the pearl size grows towards the center for ages. And honestly, can a girl have too many pearl necklaces?

An issue of a weekly Swedish magazine ("Hemmets veckotidning") from 1936. I haven't read it yet, but I leafed through it and already spotted some gems I need to dig into.

A brooch with some sort of spiky flower/fruit and leaves. I have no idea when it's from but it's big – it doesn't fit in the palm of my hand – with a curving stem, and a real eye catcher without being bling-y. I think I fell for it because of the combination of curves and strictness; it appeals to the art deco-fan in me.

Now excuse me while I go contemplate whether or not to buy an art deco sugar bowl in silver or not. I'm thinking it might be perfect for keeping cotton pads on my dresser...

2 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...